Expenses to Expect as a Trainee
As Christians we should learn to first go to the Lord as the One who meets our needs. The Lord is faithful, and the supply is available to us through the Body. Many financial matters can be cared for through fellowship with the elders of your sending localities. The following are some expenses you can expect as a trainee:
- Board and Lodging: The cost for board and lodging is $4,275 per term.
- Health Insurance: FTTA requires that every trainee have health insurance for the duration of their time in the FTTA. For those without their own health insurance, the FTTA offers a group health insurance plan through Cigna PPO. This plan needs to be repurchased before the start of every term.
- Uniforms: The FTTA-issued uniform is a one-time purchase that may cost approximately $400. The uniform should last for the duration of your time in the Training.
- Books: Classes in the Training use ministry books as textbooks. Please refer to the current term's book list. You are strongly encouraged to bring books you already own. Any others that you need may be purchased upon arrival.
- Meals: The Training covers all meals except Lord's Day dinner, Monday breakfast, and Monday lunch. For these meals you may keep groceries in your house or eat with other saints.
- Vehicles: If you bring a vehicle to the Training, be prepared to cover insurance, fuel, and regular maintenance costs. If your car is used for gospel activities, the church where you serve may help with gas expenses. If you are not bringing a vehicle you may need to help share transportation costs for your gospel team.
- Semiannual Training: Participation in the summer and winter semiannual trainings is required. The registration donation for the live training in Anaheim (including the outline fee) is $205 per person.
- College or Young People's Conferences: Generally, once per term, you may be expected to attend these gatherings as serving ones. Costs for conferences usually range between $85 and $100 per person (which includes lodging and meals). In addition, plan on contributing gas money to help with transportation expenses.
- Interim: Plan for travel expenses back home or to your sending localities during the interim period between terms. You may also have the opportunity to participate in domestic and international gospel trips that vary in cost depending on destination and duration.
- Visas: If you are an international trainee, there will be additional fees associated with the visa application process. Please refer to the International Applicant Checklist .
- Miscellaneous Expenses: You should plan on having a few miscellaneous expenses throughout the term for toiletries, etc.