Expenses to Expect as a Trainee
As Christians we should learn to first go to the Lord as the One who meets our needs. The Lord is faithful, and the supply is available to us through the Body. Many financial matters can be cared for through fellowship with the elders of your sending localities. The following are some expenses you can expect as a single trainee:
- Board and Lodging: The cost for board and lodging is $6,000 per term.
- Meals: The Training covers all meals except for meals on Saturday and Lord’s day. For these meals, you may keep groceries in your house or eat with other saints.
- Vehicles: If you bring a vehicle to the Training, be prepared to cover insurance, fuel, and regular maintenance costs. If your car is used for gospel activities, the church where you serve may help with gas expenses.
- Semiannual Training: Participation in the summer and winter semiannual trainings is required. The registration donation for the live training in Anaheim (including the outline fee) is $205 per person.
- College Retreat: Generally, once per term, you may be expected to attend these gatherings as serving ones. Cost for retreats is an average of $100 per person (which includes lodging and meals). In addition, plan on contributing gas money to help with transportation expenses.
- Gospel Trip to Europe (Spring Term): Trainees participate in a gospel trip to Europe in the spring term. Costs vary depending on destination and duration.
- Return to Anaheim: Plan for travel expenses to Anaheim at the end of each term to participate in the FTTA schedule as well as the semiannual training.
- Interim: Plan for travel expenses back home or to your sending localities during the interim period between terms.
- Miscellaneous Expenses: You should plan on having a few miscellaneous expenses throughout the term for toiletries, etc.